Home

Monday 14 July 2014

Imperial Guard Update 1

Quick update to show what I'm working on... Not much to be honest!

Cleaned my painting station/spare room up as we had folk over so I took the opportunity to categorise and store some stuff in either 'To-do', or 'To-sell' and separated the completed units out so they are easier to get to, anyhoo, you don't really care about this, so on to the pics!

Got my Shadow Swords in from eBay - they were in better condition than they looked in the add, so rather than stripping them and starting again I used the simple paint scheme as a base and just washed them with Nuln Oil, added some decals from a W40K Imperial Guard Chimera transfer sheet, added some lighter green edge highlights and carried on the red/white company markings that were on one of the tanks.

I'll add some aerials to the lead tank to show it as a command unit but after that I think I'll leave them alone, meaning this simple pattern will probably find its way to the rest of the IG armour I have waiting in line.

Also working on some terrain - basing some of the Epic 40,000 buildings and bashing together an Ork settlement, more on that later!

Before;



 After;


No comments:

Post a Comment