Home

Thursday 22 January 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy - General Update

Done a fair bit of 'hobby work' recently, despite not doing a huge amount of painting.

1) Had my first actual game of NetEpic (evolution rules) and thoroughly enjoyed it, suffice to my pretty space elves were absolutely torn apart by mu opponents Deathwing and Ravenwing Dark Angels.
A combination of poor tactics and bad dice on my side, plus the obvious skill of my opponent meant i was done for in 2 turns!
I has left me buzzing however and i'm already assembling my force for the next game, hopefully next month, work permitting!

2) Acquired some new shelving to keep all my war gaming stuff together, separate from my board games and freeing up a whole chunk of the spare room for my girlfriends books/dvds - which should keep the peace!
i've used a few of the shelves to show off what i've painted so far and i'm giving my self a pat on the back for 8 months of dipping in and out for an hour every other night, i've amassed a fair whack of stuff!

3) Finally decided to "tart up" a lovely, but basic, retro Blood Angels army (green bases, little detailing) i've had for a while, after seeing the devastation my opponents marines were capable of i figured i needed a decent Space Marine force of my own that was more substance over style. so to start with i've got;

A full Battle Company
Land Raider Company
Death Company
Terminator Detachment
Whirlwind Detachment
Predator Detachment
Thunderhawks
Bikes
Land Speeders
Librarian
Medic
Chaplain

4) Continuing to grow my IG and Eldar forces, got some Nightwings, War Walkers and another squad of Tempests and Wave Serpents for the Biel-Tan, and some newer era Bombards for the IG.

Anyway, here's some photos to corroborate the ramblings above...







2 comments:

  1. Some nice looking armies on display there! Looking good on the shelves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! although I've ran out of space already and still have a load of minis to put up.

    ReplyDelete