Looking back at the blog for the last few years it does seem i get a burst of hobby energy during the festive season. Maybe its the crap weather, or the time off work, or simply the guilt of the unpainted boxes upon boxes of miniatures that sets me off?
Anyhoo, I've not done much since my last post aside from a bit of hobby admin.
I've knocked together a campaign rule set for Epic which we are going to test in the New Year. I've photographed and boxed up a bunch of excess stuff for trading/eBay-ing (still lots to go there!)
Also, my Brother gave me a new game for Christmas - Gaslands, which seems to combine a Mad Max/Death Race 2000 aesthetic with X-Wing style template movement, like a an updated Dark Future, using the same 20mm Matchbox/Hotwheels cars given an apocalyptic make over!
I've collected a few together and will knock out a few gangs in the near future, as well as this I've made a modular road system, and have some ideas for other terrain pieces.
Hobby Goals 2018.
I've got an ever growing list of things i want to achieve hobby wise and i'm going to list them in no particular order below, with the aim of checking back on progress later and seeing how derailed i've became.
- Finish painting Dark Angels (mix of GW/Vanguard minis) - its about 50-75% done. just need a final push!
- Put together a chaos army - Finally picked up some sprues of GW plastics after the last lot got lost in the post/warp. Bit of a slow grower here, as the metal minis are crazy expensive so just biding my time until i spot them a decent price.
- Paint remaining missing Ork and imperial units and sell the rest (not too many left to do).
- Re-base Blood Angels - started putting sand/grass on over the old 'Goblin Green' bases and need to continue as the mix and match is a bit crap looking.
- build some more terrain for fortifications, mine fields etc to use in game.
- Play more epic (got a campaign starting soon!)
- Not much here - will continue to pick up the odd ship that takes my fancy and hopefully get a regular game in.
- Paint the last 2 troopers for the Return to Hoth Expansion which will mean everything is painted.
- Play some more games of it! (no excuse now the companion app is out)
- Quickly mod/paint 2-3 factions with some different load outs and get it played!
- Make some terrain (road obstacles, billboards, fences, walls etc...
- Play more Heralds of Ruin this winter, played a good bit in 2017 and it was decent.
- Paint Tau boxed set - Bought this for HoR and haven't got round to painting them yet
- Sell any excess bits, Tyranids etc - got boxes full of random minis as well as a pristine 2nd Edition boxed set, which are little or no use to me - set them free to get back some shelf space!
- Play it? - The White Whale of my hobbying... The game that may never happen!
- Trim down to my Cawdor gang + a few hired guns and sell all the crappy old starter set plastics and excess terrain etc as it takes up a lot of space for a game that doesn't get played.
- Paint up 'Frostgrave' minis scavenged from Zombicide Black Plague box - just in case anyone fancies a game!
- Paint remaining Flames of War stuff - just a few tanks to paint, should be fun and a nice change of style/scale but not had the motivation yet - Still can't see me getting a game of it anytime soon, and don't really want to buy in much more.
- Paint Space Crusade and Hero Quest board games
So yeah, not much!