Home

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Oops I did it again! - Bolt Action

Off the back of my recent 'success' of aquiring, painting and storing an Army for NetEpic with relative ease, i was feeling gallus...

I had also managed to clear out a load more stuff via eBay with the help of £1 listings and same price courier collections.

I was in a good place. with a small 'to-do' pile, and a manageable collection of minis and terrain for the various games i play (or at least tell myself i play).

Then my human weakness was exposed.
In a casual conversation with a friend, he mentioned that he was getting into Bolt Action (28mm World War 2 platoon level game from Warlord).

We talked a bit about the armies we'd like to paint, and the possibility of maybe getting a couple of the small blisters that contain enough troops for a skirmish game...

24hrs later, i had around 90 infantry and a tank en-route to my house, and i was once again chopping up coir door mats for wheat fields and hedge rows!

I'm fairly sure i vowed not to do 'this' again, but here we are!

I'll say it now for the record, for what it is worth;

I'm buying/painting 2 small armies (1000 points in game terms)

British Paras/Commandos with a Churchill for late war europe, and some kind of Germans for an opposing force in the same theatre.

I'll have enough terrain for a 6x4 table, using what i have in the house already.


Lets see if i can stick to this.

I'm still testing out colour schemes, but I've ordered some specific paints from Vallejo as although i'm not too fussed about 100% accuracy, but not having to mix my own would be nice for such a large group.

The test model below isn't likely to look like the final product now.

Once more into the breach!

I've also included some final pics of my AT 2018 collection, as it has now been moved on, so keeping them here for any future nostalgia i may have.
















No comments:

Post a Comment