Home

Sunday 27 March 2022

March (early) round-up - Mostly Epic!

 I'm a little early this month, but making hay whilst the sun shines i guess!

It's been a productive few weeks, where I've had a little spark of creativity and decided to revisit some 6mm projects I had bouncing around my brain and bits box...

I started with some Ork character stands and their gretchin body guards - a Painboy, Mekboy, Wierdboy, Runtherd and Warlord, which i had based up last year and finally decided to put paint to plastic. (At the end of the month i realised i was a few Nobz short too, so added them).

Some Goff Gutrippas followed - I just had them and fancied painting them, which is a recurring theme this month.

I (sort-of) made some squat progress, although not in the way i wanted. I still couldn't bring myself to paint the infantry, instead I knocked out a Collosus and it's recon Gyro-Copter, a Leviathan for the IG which was already thick with paint and I didn't bother stripping it, and them some kit bashed Goliath Mega Cannon.

The Cannon were inspired by a few things.

  • Dog turd bag roll tubes - looked a decent size (probably a bit big in fairness!) and I had lots to hand.
  • The price of the originals - some crazy scalps selling them for £15+ a model!
  • The fact i don't like the originals, and felt they needed to be somewhat self-propelled to be 'realistic'
  • an excuse to kitbash, and it ties in nicely with my squat lore, that my guys are closely tied to the ad-mech, sharing tech and resources, so the older STLs and vehicles have been passed on and modified
I messed around with a few configurations settling on a more compact design, mostly to make them easier to store and more robust, and I'm really happy with them.

The Poundland/Dollar-store tunneller got some paint too as a test. I have another 2 so will maybe run them as Moles to take my squat warriors into combat.

The green imperial Knight Palladin Household were finished - after sitting base coated in my bits box for a year or so. They are rough, but passable.

The last 2 demon prince proxies from Vanguard got a lick of paint. These projects are great for a rainy mid-week lunch break effort as they (and everything this month) come together very quickly.

Lastly - more Orks! Madboyz, 3 units of them to fill up any 2nd edition army free support slots. Had to be done!

On to April now - Squats! Bikers, Infantry, Light artillery and then we are done.
Bolt action - finish the Volksstrum.

Maybe some more kitbashing... We'll see.






















1 comment:

  1. Awesome work on the Squat conversions!

    The kit bashing has turned out brilliantly and I especially like the Goliath Mega Cannons as they look suitably earthshaking in mightiness!

    The colour scheme you chose is also really striking and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete