Home

Sunday 29 November 2020

On the paint table - November

 Just a quick post with some updates for this month.

I've started a bit of a clear out. I binned a load of half finished/broken terrain, mostly 28mm Sci-Fi stuff that I don't think would have seen much action anytime.

My plan is to offload my desert and jungle stuff soon too.

As cool as it is having lots of sets of terrain, for various scales, and environments, the practicality of  storing it is becoming an issue, and realistically the amount of time it spends on the shelf vs being used is crazy.

My aim now is to have a nice set of 28mm and 6mm temperate/european style terrain and a nice mat to place it on, I'll also hold on to my smaller city scape board tiles and buildings to allow for some urban combat.

The next phase of this will be to try and cull the miniatures collection a bit, and finally rid myself of any unpainted 40k and fantasy stuff, as well as the excess epic projects that I don't need (another full chapter of space marines?!)


Anyhoo, on to progress - I picked up some of my favourite Thunderhawk models for the Epic Blood Angels, as I really hate the Mk1 'thunder-bricks', and as I'm playtesting new flyer rules i figured it would be nice to have models i actually like!

For Bolt Action, I reluctantly picked up a Cromwell tank for my British. I said I was done buying for a while, but a £5 eBay voucher forced my hand!

I don't regret it, it's a great kit, very simple and I love painting tanks!

In gaming terms it will also be nice as it gives my Brits a lighter option over the Churchill.

Just need to chuck some decals and aerials on and blend them in before calling it done.





Update - Decals




 

No comments:

Post a Comment