Home

Monday 28 December 2020

Grimdark Future - Prime Battle Brothers

A little bit of hobby therapy over the last couple of days, painting some of the new (to me at least) Primaris Space Marines up as hard sci-fi, expendable government assets, where joining the corps was the only option.

None of this pious, warrior space monk for me!
It also gives me a solid excuse to paint lazy, having everything various shades of olive green and then just dirty them up.

Looking forward to getting some tanks and scouts done next, as well as some more Prime Brothers and eventually Mech Cult (with converted heads)

For now, I've got my first batch of Intercessors, a Redemptor dread and a couple of Reivers 'finished'.

I've also taken the plunge (£4.50...) into OnePageRules Grimdark Future rules.

This could be the answer to all of my hobby woes (well, some of them).

A single ruleset that covers 6mm-28mm, sci-fi, fantasy, skirmish and large scale.
I've had a quick read and watched a few videos. Seems to contain a lot of elements I like;

Alternative activation
No 'phases'
No charts
easy army building
optional rules for suppression

To name but a few! Hopefully 2021 will give me the chance to try it out for real.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment