Home

Monday 1 June 2020

Epic - Tau: start to finish

Hi Folks,
It's fair to say i didn't plan for this;

I went from boredom browsing Vanguard minis website one night before my last post, mocking up what a 4000pt Tau list for netepic gold would look like... Then my finger started clicking 'add to basket'...

Next thing i know, a few days later, they arrive at my front door on the 26th of May...

I sorted through them, cleaned off the flash, and started grouping them up into units...

I then glued the infantry in to their bases, took a breath and went to bed...

The next day i slapped some paint on to see if my 28mm test scheme would work well.
Looked OK, so i played around a bit with some techniques, washes, highlights, etc.

Ah! damn, I've painted all the infantry.

OK, i'll just base up the Battle suits and cavalry, and maybe do a base coat... and i suppose i could start the tanks too...

And done...

Dammit!

I had hoped to make this a bit of a blog series from unboxing > completion, and the photos are all here below, but why not just post them all at once? seems fitting for how this went.

a few lessons for me here, was that making up a jig with double-sided sticky tape has probably made this a week long project rather than a year!

There is still some work to do on them, a wee bit of highlighting/tidy up, banners for the HQs etc, but they are good to hit the tabletop as it, with the irony being that they can't at the moment of course!

In other news, I've picked up a few more addtions for this Tau force, in the form of some Forgeworld resin! I've also gutted my 28mm 40k and AoS collections, as well as selling a bunch of surplus epic, so i'm not feeling too bad about adding a new army now, as it all fits neatly into a reclaimed storage box.

Anyhoo, photos below.

I'll start with the finished article, with some photos taken as the light fades now, and then below that is a dump of the whole process in chronological order... hopefully.















A Few Days Earlier...





















2 comments: