Home

Sunday 2 August 2020

Bolt Action - Lazy Armour

I make some apologies here, but not too many hopefully!

These kits have been sitting on my table for what feels like an age, although it's probably only been a few weeks.

I had good intentions of breaking out the airbrush and doing all my armour that way, with some nice transitions, shading etc...

In reality i brushed on a couple of base coats with a big old hairy stick and then proceeded to lazily add more layers and details over the last few evenings (most of which involved a few beers and switching focus between the models and some video gaming).

The results speak for themselves, looking fine at a glance, but showing some really basic errors up close.
I'm definitely not proud of these, nor am i happy that i seems to be regressing slightly with either my painting skill, or my attitude towards painting, but i'm hoping i can get out of this lull shortly (even my photography of them and writing of this post is a bit slap-dash).

I'm still refusing to even open the DAK starter army until i'm in a better frame of mind and can really do them justice!




No comments:

Post a Comment