Home

Sunday 14 February 2021

Aliens and Bolt Action - Roundup

 Hi,

Moving the progress needle slightly this week...

I finished the Aliens from the GF9 Aliens boardgame, quick and dirty with drybrushes and wash.


I also dug through the sprue pile and grabbed the remaining Bolt Action British bodies I had left to muster another regular Tommy section and a 3rd Commando LMG to allow me to rock 3 x 6 man SMG/LMG Commando sections.

As usual the Brits were a kit bash of the honking old Warlord British infantry sprue, and the later 8th Army and Paratroopers sprues, to give a bit of variety.


Warlord have a new British and Canadian set coming out soon and i'll definitely pick up a single sprue assuming it's 6 man as this would nice round out my regulars with HQ + attendent, sniper team and PIAT team.


Other than that I'm mulling over a new Bolt Action army for 2021 (yes, I know I said I wouldn't)

Current contenders are - Aussies - to make use of my Jungle terrain, and could be a cool, if historically inaccurate OpFor for my DAK.

I also fancy Soviets or maybe Italians... We'll see!

I also dusted everything Bolt Action off to get it all laid out and allow me to see what I have/want.

Anyhoo - next up, finish up re-painting the British Paras, and use up the rest of my German sprues for more basic troops.





































No comments:

Post a Comment