Home

Saturday 28 June 2014

Holding a glass of whisky, staring in to distance through a window, as the rain runs down it. (AKA not painting and looking at old photos instead)

As i embark on the latest cycle of collecting, painting (and talking about playing) war games miniatures i cast my mind back to the last time, or it might be two times ago, its all a bit of a blur...

I've mentioned before that Epic/Space Marine was the pinnacle of GW games for me and it is one of the few that i played regularly with my brother and some school mates during my childhood and into my early teens.

During these years my older brother must have sank a fortune into buying stuff for the 3-4 decent armies we had, and he had them painted an in the fight before i could blink, (a skill that doesn't seem to run in the family!) along with great homemade terrain.

Our love of the game wandered as we got older (as it did for GW too it would seem!) and 4 or so years ago after a bit of a general clear out we decided to sell up everything that i had kept boxed up under my bed from my parents house.

We photographed it all for eBay and it was all gone within the week - if i remember i think we got a decent price for it all so can't really grumble too much!

Now - i find myself trawling the web, buying back almost identical minis and feeling like a total idiot for selling it in the first place.

I suppose the good thing this time around is i get to personalise them for myself and can seek out the stuff we never had and hopefully rekindle my love of this awesome game.

C'est la vie, and on to the photos.

Orkies - never got much play time as we tended to go for Imperial vs Eldar, but great fun none the less!



'My' army - loved the Warp Hunters and Revenant titans!


The backbone of the Imperium - we had a load more incidentally - but the bigger items, like titans were sold individually.


Our Dark Angels and Blood Angels marines - Thunderhawk awesomeness. makes me wince seeing the price i'd have to pay to get one of those again for my new Ultramarine/Imperial Fists!



And a wee brucie bonus - 40k (30k?!) MK1 Predator and scout. in the grim, dark future there is only Grey.



No comments:

Post a Comment