Home

Friday 27 December 2019

Epic - Final Chaos (for 2019 at least!)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

I thought i'd close out the year of hobbying with a couple of late additions to my Chaos forces. As before these have been given a quick and dirty paint job to get them ready for the table in 2020 hopefully! (that's my excuse at least as i pretty much painted them in the dark, with my old glasses prescription, and i'm only now seeing all the issues as i take some close up pictures of them).

This now gives me a decent sized Khorne army with the addition of the rather wonky looking greater demon/titan - Lord of Battles and some flaky fire support from the Cannon of Korne, as well as some extra lesser demons for Tzeench and Nurgle.

2019 has been a pretty lacklustre year hobby wise, with very little being played or painted - outwith the last 6 months of piecing together this Chaos force and having a game with it.

As I've been making a very conscious effort to be 'more intentional' with my purchases, as well as downsize where possible i really do feel a lot more in control of the lead/plastic mountain. I'm hoping to carry this in into 2020 and further pare down what i horde, and get more use out of what remains.

I won't do a full blown 'Hobby goals 2020' post this time, instead i'll keep it short by repeating that mantra;

"Own less, play more."

Something i am quite interested in is trying to learn and play some of the other versions of Epic, such as Epic 40000 or Armageddon, as well as play test Imperious Dominatus as it develops. I realise this may be a bit of a pipe dream, but i do feel like i'm starting to hit some frustrations with NetEpic that i wasn't really aware of as a kid, so i think that these later rule sets may fix some of these issues?

Other than that, i want to get more use out of my FFG X-Wing and Imperial Assault collections.

Everything else in my view is living on borrowed time, so i may have to pack it away into storage lest it be eBay'd on a whim!









No comments:

Post a Comment